The little boy who thought he was a dog.
Hi, my name's Sammie. I'm 7 years old and this is my story. I love my family. I have a big sister named Megan and my mom and my dad. I like pretending to be a dog. I think dogs are the coolest but I can't have one, so I play being one. Everytime we go to the park I tell my dad to throw the ball, then I run really fast like a dog and I grab it and bring it back. They always laugh when I do that. I like making them laugh. But they don't laugh all the time, sometimes dad gets mad at me when I go in his office when he's working, and i ask him to throw the ball. I like my family, but sometimes they ignore me. Like when Megan is gone and I ask mom where she is, she just tells me to stop asking. But my birthday is coming up, I'm gonna be 8 years old, I can't wait! I think mom and dad will let me go play out front by myself like Megan. She always gets to do things I can't. My birthday is soon and I can't wait. I'm gonna go outside tonight and show them I'm a big boy. So when Megan came home and took out the trash before dinner, I ran outside when she wasn't looking. It was so exciting! I ran up and down the street, but then it was dark so I knew I should head home. I started back to our house but I got lost, so I tried asking for help but no-one would help me. Then I ran across the street and a car came out of nowhere and my head hurt so bad. The man got out and took me to the doctor. They called my parents and my family came to see me. Mom and Megan were crying, dad gave me a hug and held me. But why were they so sad? I'm ok, the doctor said I'm ok. Nobody would answer me. Then the doctor came back in and she put a needle in my arm and it made me feel dizzy. Then she put this white stuff in my arm. Mom took Megan out of the room and dad held my on his lap. He kept saying good boy, Sammie, you're a good boy. Then my eyes started to close, I was so tired. But dad said I'm a good boy, I smiled and went to sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment