Some see a fight, a push, a shove.
I see a desperate cry for love.
Some see a brat, annoying twit acting bad.
I see a boy who's never met his dead beat dad.
Some see the messes and trouble they give,
I see the broken hearts and homes they have lived.
Some see a teenager who clothes are too tight.
I see a girl who has to protect herself at night.
Some see the disrespect, one who smarts off too loud.
I see a kid who gets made fun of in a crowd.
Some see a woman who just comes to use.
I see a lady, by a drunken husband, abused.
Some see a drug addict, withered and worn.
I see a soul that the Lord wants reborn.
Some see dirt, filth and snot.
I see a kid, who without Jesus, has no shot.
Some see a crook, sticky fingers reach out too much.
I see a man who needs the Lord's touch.
Some see a bunch of heathens, that holler and yell.
I see children with parents in jail.
Some see a rowdy boy who gives a lot of flack,
I see a boy who's whole family is on crack.
Broken homes,
Broken lives,
Broken hearts,
with no hope.
Flailing in sin, blindly trying to grope
For the answer of perfection, their souls are all stirred.
Lighting the path to God's Holy Word
No comments:
Post a Comment